Character Sketches/ Unfinished thingies


Just some character art stuff I've been doing in free time gaps! Borderline on sketches/unfinished.
I always have a hard time deciding whether I do "sketches" to begin with. It is common practice to draw a sketch first and then go over it with cleaner lineart with digital art. - Though I never understood why I'd do that because it's not something I did traditionally when I was younger! JUST GO STRAIGHT IN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS
It was definitely tricky when doing commissions for people and allowing them to see sketches so that they liked the direction it was going. Actually, it taught me to work much looser from the get-go and "refine" the drawing into something cleaner and manageable rather than getting rid of all the sketchy-process stuff completely. Work into rather than on-top of.

No comments:

Post a Comment